While the azaleas are in bloom, plumbing is probably the last thing on your mind. However, a spring plumbing checklist might help prevent unpleasant issues later in the year. Simply include these suggestions on your annual spring cleaning checklist to avoid future plumbing issues!
Here is your plumbing checklist for spring:
- Have a professional drain and check your water heater. It has to be drained once a year.
- Check your basement walls for moisture, cracks, or leaks after a period of severe rain.
- Make sure your sump pump is functioning properly. To raise the float and turn on the motor, you can add water to the pump silo. Call Mr. Plumber if it isn’t functioning properly.
- For an easy faucet fix, use half a lemon to remove water stains.
- Clean your waste disposal thoroughly to lower the possibility of obstructions in the future. (And never put these foods down the garbage disposal!)
- Examine the caulk and grout around showers, tubs, and sinks, then replace or repair any damaged areas.
- To lessen mold growth and mineral accumulation, clean your shower heads.
- Your washing machine and ice dispenser hoses should be inspected and replaced.
- To guard your home against floods brought on by spring storms or broken appliances, install a water alarm.
- Clean out your drains and gutters.
- Make it a routine to inspect your crawl area for moisture buildup or accumulation of water.
- Find plumbing leaks by learning how to inspect a water meter.
- Inspect your sprinkler system for leaks and flush it. Make sure your sprinkler heads are pointed correctly and are not spraying your house’s walls.
- Examine the toilet valves, outdoor faucets, and the valve where water enters your home. To find leaks, turn each on and off many times.
- Take off any temporary insulation used for cold weather, such as faucet covers and pipe jackets.
- When planting new trees, be mindful of subsurface plumbing.
Plan a plumbing inspection this spring right away!
Turn to the professionals at Oak Lawn HVAC if you require services for a water heater, plumbing, drain, or sewage. We have been providing plumbing services to the Oak Lawn metro region for years, and we can assist you with any springtime plumbing issues. Learn more about our exclusive maintenance agreements and special offers for year-round protection. Contact Oak Lawn HVAC right now or make an online appointment!